In the simplest term, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is a technology solution that helps in managing your business’ relationship and engagement with customers and potential customers. The goal of best CRM software for small business is to improve and strengthen business relationships.
The CRM solution is a tool that focuses on relationships of individual persons such as customers, service users, employees and suppliers throughout the business cycle.
The story of CRM started in the early ’70s when surveys are used to gauge customer satisfaction. It has evolved through the years and developed into software pushed by cloud technology. According to the forecast, CRM marketing will reach $80 Billion in 2025.
Does CRM matter?
The straightforward answer is YES!
According to Gartner, by 2021, entrepreneurs will be putting much investment in the CRM tools for small business. The business will aim to grow and the strategy is to make a more clear picture of sales, business targets and profitability. Business growth will be relative to the purchase and engagement behaviors of the customers.
- The technology solution can provide you a clear overview of the customers (purchase history, order status, outstanding customer service problems, and others
- Capable of interfacing the social media activity of the customers such as their likes and dislikes
- Understand the prospective customers and the ability to come with simple and accurate forecasting.
- Indirectly, CRM can push benefits for human resource, customer service, and supply chain management
- It lets you manage inquiries across channels with precise tracking.
Without CRM, your business can cost you a lot of money
To illustrate a company without CRM:
- Your sales team is doing several meetings and road talking where information is all stored in handwritten notes, laptops or inside the brain nerves of the personnel. It can get lost at any time
- No prompt follow-up of meetings
- Customer prioritization will become a guessing game rather than based on the fact
- A customer can contact you in a range of platforms; if there is no CRM, you will have the difficulty of following-up the customer or responding to an issue. It will lead to an unsatisfactory response.
- Reports can be challenging to create and a lot of time will be wasted.
- Managers will struggle with managing the team. They cannot offer the right support at the right time resulting from decreasing of accountability
The Benefits Of Having A CRM Tools For Small Business
It can increase sales.
The insights that CRM software can provide will be useful in increasing sales, identify steadfast customers and offering them rewards, promos, and discounts. It helps you foster quality leads and look for potential prospects. You will gain the chance to make a follow-up to potential repeat customers and seize upselling opportunities.
Decisions will be based on evidence
Decisions will be quick because the information will be the evidence. It can improve business workflows and enhance strategies and resolve ineffective systems and procedures. The software has a forecasting capability that allows you to prepare in addressing potential problems.
The interfacing of the automation process will improve business’s productivity
Personnel will be freed from administrative add-on works and ale to focus on engaging to customers and responding to issues and concerns. Simple CRM software for small business solutions are integrated and have the capacity to align projects, events, products and contracts to ensure quick and timely completion of deliverables
Create strong data security through the provision of a centralized hub for the sensitive customer
You can have an only single platform to secure resources, budget, and capital infrastructure instead of managing a disconnected and multiple systems
The following are the statistical testimonies of the proven worth of investing in Simple CRM software for small business;
- An investment of 1$ will give a return of investment of $5
- 79% of the leads fail to reach conversion due to absence of CRM
- 30% of all the leads fail because of inadequate data sources
- 26% is the adoption rate of CRM
- 65% increase of sales is experienced by companies using CRM
- 41% revenue increase because of the use of CRM
- 47% nurtured lead through the CRM are converted
- 300% of the conversion rates reach improvement when CRM is in place
- 40% improvement in average purchase value with the use of CRM
- 23% reduce cost because of CRM
- 47% of the companies improve customer service when they use the CRM
- 26% improvement of retention through the social media CRM
- 74% of the business that uses CRM report shows improvement in customer relationship.
How To Choose The Best CRM Software For Small Business
There is various CRM software in the market. It may be exhausting and stressful in selecting the right one for your company.
- Choose low-cost CRM tools for small business. Look for the most cost-efficient option
- Choose the one that is easy to learn. If you are a small entrepreneur, of course, you do not have the luxury of time to master everything. You need a CRM that will be easy and ready to use for you.
- Choose a tool that does not only satisfy you with data but will also be helpful to keep your focus on your goal. Look at what is the application that is integrated.
- Choose the one that can take other tools and capable of handling mix data and produce excellent results for better analysis
- Get the tools that offer excellent customer support
Top CRM Platforms For Small Business
Customizable CRM tools for small business that has well-developed tools to process sales and collaborate team tasks and more integrations. The sales team and the managers will be able to manage complex systems because the tedious tasks can go automation that will enable the whole team to make a fast and reliable decision making.
It has no offline function. One of the frustrations is that the help desk is not always responsive. The all-in-one sales and supports are $25 per month and can be paid annually. The more high-end CRM plan is $75 per month. They also offer an unlimited plan of $300 per month.
Top CRM platforms that offers voice, SMS, pipeline viewing, reporting, and email marketing that includes customized email sequencing in one platform. It is capable of doing a pre-recorded voicemail. It helps save time and give efficiency among sales representatives. Capable of predictive dialing features that enable anyone to do auto-dialling of multiple numbers to increase sales person’s productivity. It can also integrate with Mail Chimp, Zendesk, Facebook and Zapier.
If you import CSV files, there are times that it creates duplications, and you need to do manual clean-up. The plan starts at $29.75 per month and a business plan at $80 per month.
A full-features CRM with great automation capabilities. If you stick your calendar, Agile will automatically integrate your upcoming voice calls and follow-ups. It has terrific functionality drag-and-drop capability of the 360-degree view of contacts, project management, reporting and time lining.
The price has been increasing between versions that your company must consider if you need to scale-up. The starting price is at $8.99 per month and enterprise version at $47.99 per month that is billed every two years.
Hubspot is a popular CRM for small business all over the world. Their free simple software for small business is offering basic features. It is capable of handling the necessary sales process, lead management and cross-channel tracking of customer interactions. The paid plan of Hubspot will have AI assistance, capable of producing deeper insights and high-end automation.
If you are doing a particular niche, Hubspot is limited when it comes to customization. The all-inclusive Starter Growth Suite is offered at $113 per month.
A social media-friendly CRM tools for small business with functional workflow automation and lead management tools. It can integrate well with Twitter and Facebook. It is capable of advanced sales forecasting and tracking of key performance indicators. The Enterprise Version has tools that can lay sage-by-stage sales funnel tracking and customize data comparisons with segmented teams and users at different levels.
The downside is it cannot track individual email and lead notifications.
Copper is a highly visual Top CRM platforms that have a well-designed sales pipeline that allows you to manage the leads until the qualification process. It has a deep Gmail integration. The contacts can be accessed through email, voice, and text application. It offers weekly progression reporting that can help the team improve the communication and workflow. You can also customize the data by filtering and able to keep the essential deals.
Awkwardly, you cannot use file attachments when sending emails through Copper not unless you shift to Gmail. The price starts at $19 per month and gets high at the Business Plan offer at $119 per month.
7. Zendesk Sell
A salesforce automation software that can unify the sales and service teams to enhance the customer experience. Sell can set triggers if there will be new leads, deals, or incoming deals. Because of its fantastic automation capability, the team can get the heads up and efficiently analyze and collaborate resulting in minimal meetings and avoid confusion.
Sell is an efficient CRM tools for small business because you can maximize the tool for prospecting, making deals, and improving customer retention and conversions because of the follow-ups. It is capable of lead generations through the tools like funnel tracking, custom lead forms, customizable lists, communication templates, tracking of conversions and optimizations of channels
Some users complain about its slow loading time and glitches of automated data entry.
Capable of mapping the customer journey and automate complicated business processing such as lead routing, review of quotes, and approval of drag-and-drop flowchart. It can integrate GPS and seamlessly navigate client locations.
SugarCRM will require to have at least ten persons to use the software. If you are smaller than ten members, then the tool is not for you. Pricing starts at $40 per month.
Simple Top CRM platforms that are easy to use tool that lets you build multiple sales pipelines and customization of stages of the product. It can synchronize cross-channel information and avoid repetitive admin tasks.
With the Chrome extension, it can interface with GmailCRM. It can filter timelines and overview that is useful for project management.
It has no built-in email system, and you need to integrate Mailchimp. It is complicated when Zapier and other add-on tools are integrated.
If your business is into selling, this Top CRM platforms is a useful tool that offers streamlining of sales pipeline integration including contact management, customer data, and tracking of leads making team tasking easy. It integrates with G-suite and Microsoft office.
Business intelligence features can collect historical and real-time data within the platform. It ensures the user gets the information to boost sales performance (i.e., accuracy, sales data trends and metrics).
The two-way Google Calendar experience some glitches. Contact fuels are limited to 25 only, which can be a problem for users with complex sales processes.
Full-packed sales CRM platforms that are capable of doing reports, sales tracking, sales cycle management, and marketing tools. It also has a built-in voice, chat, email and video that can reach leads. Anyone can quickly create and send invoices and close the deals. Bitrix24 can be useful in training. It can build course pages with audio and video files. It can also add employee on-boarding tools like employees handbook. It is convenient for you to plan business trips and employees’ leave scheduling.
The free starter can use up to 12 users, and the professional plan prices start at $199 per month.
CRM softwares varies from different features. The user needs to know the specific needs of the company before grabbing and paying any CRM solution. There may be no perfect CRM but there is always a CRM that best fits your business needs.